LEE COUNTY WORK CENTER
|Sam Sisk, Work Center Director
The Lee County Work Center is located at the old Lee County Jail at 301 North Front Street, Tupelo, MS.
Primarily, the Lee County Work Program, by utilizing inmate workers, provide certain labor services and public work for Lee County and the municipalities situated in Lee County.
Type of Inmate
The inmates assigned to the Work Program are non-violent offenders. Inmates serving sentences, or who have at any time been convicted of crimes of violence or pretrial inmates, either city or county may not assigned to the Work Center.
Commissary orders are ordered over the phone by the inmate. Commissary orders must be completed by Wednesday evening before 4:00pm. An instruction sheet is provided to each inmate.
All money orders MUST be mailed by U.S. Postal Service to the inmate and MUST be a U.S. Postal money order. NO money orders or cash money will be accepted in person and any non-postal money orders sent by mail will be returned to the sender. Also, any money orders mailed directly to the Work Center will be returned.
Money orders shall be mailed to:
Lee County Adult Jail, ATTN: (Inmate’s name), 510 N Commerce Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
All outgoing phone calls are made using the prepay phones in the housing area. The phone number to set up an account is 1-800-682-0707.
- Must be made M-Su between the hours of 4pm – 8pm
- Sunday 8:00am to 11:30am, 1:00pm to 3:30pm, 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Clergy Visitation Hours
- Tuesday 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Clergy must have a valid ID and representatives from churches must have a letter signed from the leader of the church. Clergy visits will be with groups only and on a voluntary basis.
Dress Requirements and Restrictions
- All visitors must wear shoes and shirt
- NO low cut tops will be permitted
- NO bare midriffs will be permitted
- NO shorts (except for children) or miniskirt/skorts will be permitted
- NO see through clothing will be permitted
- All personal items (cell phones, purses, etc.) will be left in vehice
Proof of Identification Required
- Visitors without a valid governemental photo ID shall NOT be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must have a valid drivers license, state issued photo ID, passport, valid immigration card or current military ID card.
General Information for Vistitation at the LCWC
- Anyone under 18 is not required to have an ID but must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardian unless they are married to the inmate being visited. A marriage certificate and valid photo ID will be required in this circumstance.
- Visitors can park in the north lot only and enter only by the front doors of the LCWC.
- Appointments may only be made Monday through Saturday by calling 662-680-6064. If you do not have an appointment, you will not be able to visit. Visitation times will be filled on a first call-first served basis. Your name must be on the inmate’s visitation list. The LCWC reserves the right to assign visitation times. Only the people on the Inmate’s visitation list will be allowed to make an appointment.
- Visitors must be present at the time of their visit. If the visitor is not on time, they will NOT be allowed to visit. This will be strictly enforced in order to keep the visitation schedule on time.
- Inmates may have only one 30-minute visit. There may be two visitors present during the visit. These visitors will be the only one allowed to enter the building. No one else will be allowed to enter and the visit cannot be split with anyone else.
- Children under six will not be allowed to visit. For every child under six years old, there must be one adult. If children are not kept under control, the accompanying adult and child will be asked to leave the LCWC.
- Visitors may NOT bring anything to the inmate or pass anything to the inmate directly; this includes letter, photos, money, etc. Violators will be asked to leave and visitation rights will be terminated.
- No smoking will be allowed while in the LCWC.
- Visitors are subject to search before visiting with an inmate. The visitor may refuse to be searched, but he/she will be denied visitation and access to the LCWC.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance will not be allowed to visit and shall be subject to arrest.
CLOTHING AND SHOES
- Workers may be allowed to have a pair of tennis shoes, work boots, and a pair of shower shoes.
- Issued uniforms will be worn at all times. Workers may be allowed to have coats, thermal under clothes and other personal clothing, which must be worn under their inmate uniform. (NO coveralls allowed)
ITEMS BROUGHT FROM THE OUTSIDE
The rules on items brought in from the outside to an inmate at the LCWC will be strictly enforced. The inmate can only have items brought in ONCE a weekend. An inventory sheet will be filled out when items are brought.
Items may be brought:
Saturday 3:00pm to 6:00pm OR Sunday 8:00am to 4:00pm
When an inmate first comes to the Work Center, he has until the next day for someone to bring the following itmes. They may only be brought from 4:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Cigarettes (unopened)
- Underwear (3 pair)
- Thermal underwear (if needed)
All outgoing and incoming mail is subject to search by a member of the LCWC staff except legal mail. Legal mail will be opened in the presence of the receiving inmate.
All mail must have proper postage on it. Incoming mail must have this exact address:
Lee County Work Center, ATTN: (Inmate’s name), 301 N. Front Street, Tupelo, MS 38804